Thursday, December 3, 2009

Isn't it childish to make up afterlife stories because your scared of the truth?

face it, the only afterlife there is, will be scuttle flies eating your flesh.... why do some people insist on playing along to a fantasy i.e. heaven? lying is bad, lying to yourself is unhealthy





why won't some people grow up, man up, woman up and stop lying to themselves?Isn't it childish to make up afterlife stories because your scared of the truth?
Since no ';dead'; person has ever come back to tell us what happens or doesn't happen after we die......anything is up for grabs.





No one really knows...so it's all speculation....and until someone does come back to tell us....no one is wrong.Isn't it childish to make up afterlife stories because your scared of the truth?
All religions are based on fear. Fear of the unknown. Why anybody should be afraid of dying is totally beyond me - it is all part of life's structure - Birth, Life, Death.
Different interpretations for different people. Simple.


Plus, your so called ';fact'; is just a theory.
it would be yes but I know God is real.
Infantile at it' s best
It's because they think it's the truth. Now I'm not denying all you theists any of your beliefs, but most people who believe in religion believe in afterlife their religious scriptures say so. People in the old times believed in childish thing because they did not have science to tell them the truth - they only had scriptures etc.


Again, I am not trying to deny theists of their beliefs, I am just answering a question.
Yes it would be childish to make up afterlife stories. Yes some people are scared of the truth. I am not sure what comes after, except the decomposing part, but I do believe in God. Didn't always...still have questions....will have until the day I die. At that time I will receive confirmation of my faith- or I will discover I was wrong. Why bother yourself with what we believe? If you are right...good for you. If I am right.....good for me. Live and let live.
Why don't you grow up and stop berating people who believe differently from you. You are not the source of absolute knowledge.
It is quite presumptuous of you to assume that you are the possessor of the truth, isn't it?
You can't prove there's no afterlife. In my opinion the world was created with so much detail that I won't except it was all a random chance thing. And yes it may be a comfort story to some, but wouldn't you rather believe the ones you love have gone on to a better place than that they have just become a pile of bones in the ground? and I agree you are not the source of absolute knowledge.
Childish? No, I don't honestly believe so - or at least, not now; I did when I was much younger. But now I realise that it's human nature. And let's be honest here, death is a pretty big deal whether or not you have (and I mean, really have rather than simply posturing) the mental assurance to face it unmoved.





It is the big - the biggest - unknown in our personal universes: the point at which that wonderful creation of continuous consciousness of an internal mental universe ceases to be. Can you really face that with complete equanimity? If you can, you're one of a minute number of people.





Personally, I take comfort from the fact that ideas and perspectives that I've created and instilled in others (as a parent, as a relative, as a teacher and as a friend) will live on beyond my death. And having faced death a few times - several times violently, a few times medically - I know that I can face it again and be content with having no saved games, restore point or re-spawn option. But that doesn't make me a bigger or a better person than others; it just means that I have that as a part of my emotional outlook on life.





If others need that comfort, let them have that comfort...
I think in this context it isn't childish at all. People are genually scared of death, and therefore by creating this illusion they are able to comfort themselves. It is simply preparing yourself for death in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash