Thursday, December 10, 2009

How can I remove oil based make up stain from carpet?

girlfriend has got oil based make up stain on bedroom carpet. How do I get it out. The flat is rented so I'm pretty mad!!How can I remove oil based make up stain from carpet?
Try Pine-Sol regular. it is good for those types of stains. You can actually see it break up the oil.How can I remove oil based make up stain from carpet?
I don't have a need for heavy makeup but I once got oil paint on my carpet. If it's the same composition it'll be difficult to get out.





Gently dab at the stain with a cloth dipped in turpentine. Do not soak the stain, as the solvent will damage the rubber backing and pad. Continue to wipe with a clean, solvent-dampened cloth as long as the stain is picked up. Sponge with water and wash with a concentrated liquid carpet shampoo. Sponge the area with water, blot excess liquid, and allow it to dry thoroughly.
Try a product called GOO GONE. It takes out gum easily, and is meant for oil based products like grease, crayon, sticker residue, etc. We use it at the hotel. Works like magic.
Resolve is my go-to product. It really does a good job on almost any stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash