Thursday, December 10, 2009

If I miss a day of work should I be allowed to use sick time or should i have to make up the time if i was sic?

i missed a day of work because i felt sick and didn't feel well enough to attend work, I have time that I can use to go to appointments, and if i am feeling sick and need to call in. But i might have to make up the time but if i have the sick time i should be allowed to use it right?If I miss a day of work should I be allowed to use sick time or should i have to make up the time if i was sic?
If you were not there because you were too ill to attend work, then it's sickness absence and (presuming you haven't used all of your allowance) you won't need to make this up. If you have used all of your allowance then you would either need to make it up or take it as unpaid.





As for appointments during the working day, this is at your manager's discretion therefore if you have an allowance for this already, I can't imagine that a company as forward thinking as that would insist you pay time back when you've been off sick.If I miss a day of work should I be allowed to use sick time or should i have to make up the time if i was sic?
You cannot be denied your sick time. If you wish to use it then you are aloud to use it. Some employers do allow you the option of making up for the hours you were out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash