Saturday, November 28, 2009

Why are women spending so much money on expensive make up?

Is expensive make up so much better than cheaper brands (chanel vs revlon, for example)?Why are women spending so much money on expensive make up?
Well it depends. There are some brands that are obviously cheaper quality but usually you are paying more for the fancy packaging and more colors to choose from.





I remember when Revlon lipstick was $3.00 in CVS and $6-9.00 in the department stores at the same time! That's when I decided to look in the drugstores. Sometimes you may not be able to find the color you are looking for, which can be a drag.





Products like Revlon, L'Oreal, Almay, Neutrogena are good products and if you are allergic to those, chances are, you are allergic to department store brands as well.





It's not really necessary to spend top dollar for products. If you really want to try it, see if they have samples first. So you can determine if it's going to be worth it for you.





You be the judge.Why are women spending so much money on expensive make up?
Sometimes you get what you pay for. A lot of the higher end products use higher end ingredients. Not all of the high end products are but some of them are. Pay attention to the igredients; and if you try some of each you may see why others are more expensive.
Some drugstore brands are just as good as cosmetics counter products. But we hand over the bucks for the fancy stuff for the same reason dudes wave their singles at the strip club, or why people pay $14 for a mojito at Pure when they have better drinks at dive bars. Sometimes ya need to splurge. Makes ya feel better :-)
about 80% of the time, higher prices does mean higher quality. there are companies who create products to sell in department stores as well as in drugstores. my makeup bag has everything from $2 lip balm to $40 foundation. i use what works for me, and what i like. i don't buy into hype or celebrity endorsements.
More expensive make-up is slightly better and lasts a little longer, but I think it's all in how you apply it. You can get the same exact look with cheap make-up as you can with expensive make-up.





But girls will be girls, and they'll fall for the designer things.
i personally don't think it is. for some things (e.g. long-stay lipstick and foundation) it's worth the extra (long-stay lippy cos it tends to go flaky and ick if you get the cheaper brands and foundation cos u generally get a better match for your skin tone with more expensive brands), but for other things (e.g. mascara, eyeliner etc) it doesn't really matter
I really dont know! My dad works for Paula Dorf cosmetics which are really expensive and I get free stuff from there, but I also buy some drug store makeup and theyre all good! I've never found the expensive stuff to be that much better really. Even celebrities buy some makeup in drug stores!
revlon is a good brand. I love their lipsticks. but ive never tried Chanel. I love MAC. thats about as expensive as i get, but i do use prescriptives powder and foundation. the quality is better for me. they are not all the same.
do you realize how hideus women are with out make up on uuuuhhhh
yes i think more exspensive make-up is better then cheap ones and i wear make-up
For some things, it is. I use MAC eye shadows because they are the best and richest colors I've ever found. Also their eye shadow base and eye creams and mascara are top notch. For foundation and powder, I prefer Clinique. I used to use cheaper makeup but found there is a real difference in the look, colors, textures, and lasting power of more expensive brands, so it's worth it for me. I don't wear a ton of makeup so it lasts me a long time. Cheap makeup can look so orangey and chalky or greasy.
Actually not all women are. I have tons of mineral makeup and it's cheaper than even drugstore, more useful and versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash