Saturday, November 28, 2009

What make-up should I wear with red lippy?

I've just brought a gorgerous shade of bright red lippy. I love it but I don't know what make-up to wear with it. I usually wear thick black eye-liner but I don't want to look too over the top. Any ideas?What make-up should I wear with red lippy?
You could try a classic pin-up look - winged liner and a medium brown shadow in the crease, with big dramatic lashes. If you want lots of drama you could try an all matte, medium gray smokey eye. It sounds intimidatting, but if done right, it's so gorgeous. Good luck!


Oh, and kudos for being brave enough to wear the red lippy!What make-up should I wear with red lippy?
Well your base should be as normal, but don't wear too much bronzer or blusher if you do.





Eyes though, neutral colours on the lid and some mascara would go nice with it.


If you wanted to add some darkness to it, just reduce the size of your eye liner (if you're talking about wearing it along the lash line)


Just wear it thin to make the lashes appear thicker, but in a subtle way that it's not obvious that you are wearing eyeliner.





Don't wear it on the waterline though.





That should be nice enough. I'm currently in my search for a red lipstick also, so i've been trying out natural looks on my eyes to keep it toned down.
Skip the liner with this look. Use a shimmery base like a light mineral one that is brushed on ';lightly';. A beige shadow (light) from lid to brow bone. Black waterproof mascara and curl lashes. A creamy rosy/pink blush. Put on the red and blot lips. Cover with clear gloss. A gorgeous look.
Two ways of going at this !





1. Totally fully made up - everything, eyes lips etc etc





2. Just lips - everything else very nude looking.





Your choice - depends where you are going too!
Lol, lippy? Put a VERY thin line of black eyeliner just above your eye, and use some powder to even out your skin tone. :) And of course some mascara.
use black eyeliner very little though a sheer eyeshadow very natural and foundation and mascara :) x
just mascara, eye-liner and a light foundation ... so it doesn't look to heavy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash